Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Week 37: Sunsets, Sickness, and So-long Mr. Bean

Hi guys! Sorry it's so late today...I'll write super quick!

Visitors vacationing here from Highland, UT

On Monday we did a little shopping and then we watched the most amazing sunset I have ever seen in my life! 

Package from home for the opening day of Baseball season ... not sure why, but it was a great package!

Tuesday we had a bunch of lessons, and it was a super successful day. We ended up getting like 8 lessons done! I was really tired, but it was a good tired! The next day we  had our lesson with Sylvain (one of the guys we baptized last week) and we learned that when he came home from church after he was confirmed on Sunday, his wife was waiting for him in the house... she totally came back! Oh we were so happy...I had been so worried about him all week. She insists that she still doesn't want any part of the church...but we just smiled at her and day!! Hehehe! Thursday we were busy with more lessons and teaching...we are progressing with more investigators all of the time.  It is so great to be teaching these people.

Friday started off with district meeting and after district meeting I was starting to feel a little sick, like hot (we always feel hot and sweaty but this was a new level of hot and sweaty)...but we had a bunch of lessons planned so we got our lessons done and then I went straight to bed when I got home. I woke up the next morning super sick.  So basically Saturday was a bust for me.  I stayed at the house all day and slept... it was really lame.  Sister Orbeck from my first area called to talk to me and when she found out from the other Elders that I was sick and sleeping she gave them a long list of everything that she wanted them to do for me. And she kept calling back to make sure that they were doing everything on her list! Hahaha!  She is like my little Tahitian mom! It felt like a long day since I couldn't really do much.  I hate not being on the go all the time.

I was still pretty sick on Sunday so I couldn't go to church. It was weird. So we did splits all day again and I slept as much as I could. That night I felt good enough to go to a family night thing at Sister Cumming's house, it was good... then we went home and I fell asleep on the couch!

I felt much better today finally. The reason I am writing so late is because it was Mr. Bean's last P-day ever!! I can't believe he is leaving! So a member took us shark feeding and ray feeding and we went to a motu and ate food and chilled there for a little bit. It was a good day but I got fried haha! So I went from a fever to a sunburn...great!  It was pretty awesome because an old missionary who served here came and chilled with us too. His name is Elder Ball and he finished his mission about a year seems like the time just goes so fast!

I'm so glad to be serving a mission. I realize exactly why God needs so many young men and young women to go on missions... this is such a short time period that will change our lives for eternity and the lives of all that we teach for eternity.  It is worth every minute.

Love you all

Elder Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment