Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 12: Bursting with Baptisms

Hi Family!

Ia-Orana! I have to say that this week was honestly sick (these days, that means awesome)! 



Here's a quick recap of a very eventful week. Monday night we went and had FHE with Frere Yanki and I gotta say that Yanki is one of my favorite people! I'll try to get a picture with him this week. He is a Ward Missionary and he is absolutely amazing. All of his kids are inactive, but his son, Antoine, wants to come back so we are teaching and helping him. 

Tuesday we gave a blessing to Yanki's other son, and after the blessing he said, "I will stop doing the things of the world". It was absolutely amazing to see the change in him. We had a lot of lessons the rest of the day. We get to teach so much every day, it is really cool. Later that night Elder Dalton and I were talking about how a lot of people we meet want to learn English, so we had the idea to start an English class. I called Sister Jones who is one of the couple missionaries whose job is to help the native Tahitian missionaries with English and stuff like that. She was giving some lessons that day and she approved the idea on the spot! So, Elder Dalton and I will be teaching an English class for locals every Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. and I'm really excited about that! I know a lot of non-members are going to come so that will be a good opportunity for us to find even more investigators and get to know more people. 

Wednesday and Thursday were just normal, busy days and we taught a lot of lessons! My investigators T. and H. are not quite ready for baptism yet even though they want to get baptized. They need to work on a few more things and they will be ready. T. is really progressing but H. is not trying quite as hard. I know something will motivate him, and I trust the Lord will help with that. 

Friday was also a pretty great day. We started off with district meeting and it's always so fun! My zone is awesome! Ours is the most successful zone in the mission right now and President Bize is really proud of all of us. He motivates us to do our best. I'm so blessed to be in a zone where everyone works hard and is super fun to be around, it's awesome! In our lesson with Eria we changed his baptismal date to the 21st of November and he asked me to baptize him, ha so pretty nuts if you ask me! 


Saturday was an amazing day because all our lesson appointments were awesome! In our lesson with the family Orbeck I felt to testify of the Savior and I shared John 17. I talked about all the things He has done for us and then the mom said with tears in her eyes, "I feel his love". The spirit was present and we all felt it. They are being baptized on Friday and I have been asked to baptize the daugher, Vehia, my companion will baptize the brother, Mahinui, and a member is baptizing the mom and dad. I called President Bize and invited him to the baptism and he was so excited when he heard it was a whole family, but he can't come as he is going to another island to visit other missionaries, but he said he will be thinking of us. My Mission President is a great man and he loves all of the missionaries. He is awesome. 

We spent Sunday mostly studying after Church as we had no lessons set up on the day of rest. This Saturday we will also be baptizing Marutea, so this week will be great with both him and the family Orbeck entering the sacred waters this week.

Having dinner with Vaitiani and her family. They take great care of their missionaries.

It's great to hear things are going well back home. Congrats to Deeds on taking 6th in State with Volleyball, and tell B good luck with "Heck Week" as he starts wrestling practice.

Love you all, 

Elder Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment