Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Week 5: Last Letter from the MTC - Tahiti, here I come!

Hi Everyone!

This was such a great week! I love being a missionary! 

I really loved seeing the Newell's this week...they are so amazing! Tell Lloyd that Sunday's devotional was the best devotional I have been to. His message was great...even the MTC president was crying! It was incredible and the spirit was super strong.  He said some amazing things that were so necessary for all missionaries to hear, and it was awesome that he did it like the Spoken Word....reminded me of going to SLC to attend the Spoken Word as a family and hearing his great voice. All of my district was a little jealous that I knew the man of the hour, and I got to talk to Abby and Karmel afterward! 

We got our travel plans this week and that was definitely the highlight of the week. I can't believe that I am actually heading to Tahiti! I am nervous and excited all at the same time.  I leave on Monday the 28th and go to LAX and then on to Tahiti. We will be in the air about 10 hours. There are going to be 22 missionaries on the plane to Tahiti and holy smokes it's gonna be crazy. The Tahiti missionaries are a group of really fun kids. 

My District is awesome and there are a bunch of cool kids in the other District too...high quality missionaries! I especially love Elder Heward and Elder Owens! Elder Heward is just flat out funny and Elder Owens is from Heber, Utah and has a little bit of a "southern accent" and they are both hilarious! They keep things a little lighter when we get uptight about French.

That is so great to hear about Kennedi getting Varsity volleyball time. And congrats to Neil for getting married.... good luck Kourtney.... hahaha just kidding! It really is great.

Next time I email I will be in Tahiti. I am really excited to tell you all about it, and can't wait to see where I will be actually serving over there. This is getting real!

There may or may not be a package coming this week for the family....treasures for all...but who really knows! ;)

I love you all. Thanks to everyone for the emails, packages and encouragement while I have been in the MTC. I must really be loved! ;)


I can't emphasis enough how important it is to get to know Christ. He already knows you, but through prayer, reading his words, and recognizing his atonement we can become closer to Him.  I love you all and have a great week!! Wish me luck!

Elder Boyd

Short video of a few Lone Peak missionaries and Comps

Solid group of Elders after Sunday Devotional with Lloyd Newell

Elder Connor Boyd and Elder Tate Hansen

Happy and confident Elder Boyd

Last day in the MTC with my Lone Peak baseball buddies.



No comments:

Post a Comment