Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 10: Mission Home Visit, Bingo de Papenoo, and Hanging with Tuhay

So this week was really great! After emailing on Monday we went to run some errands at the mission office and I got to talk to the AP's and President Bize. It was great to visit with them and get to know them better. After that when we were driving Elder Drugeon did the funniest thing...I'll send you the video.  It's good to get a gut-busting laugh every now and then! 


Tuesday was really good.  We taught a lot of lessons and the family that I told you about last week that wanted to wait a year for baptism told us they all decided they were ready! My prayers are being answered. I can't tell you how awesome it is! The whole family will be baptized on November 14th. I'm so excited!

We have been teaching so many people with different backgrounds and stories. We've been teaching an inactive member named Francis and he is great, then this week he was called to be a Ward Missionary himself! It's a big change in his life in a very short amount of time, and he will do great! 

Wednesday was also a good day. We visited Patu Eria and he is doing really well. We are going to start teaching his brother and sister too. We then had a lesson with Brian and Malina and they wanna be baptized. I'm praying for ways to get Brian baptized now. I really hope that he will because he is so awesome and funny and he knows this is what he should do. Then Thursday we went and just taught a bunch of lessons.  We stay really busy. 

Friday was awesome. We had a zone meeting and after that our whole zone went to this place where people gamble called "Bingo de Papenoo" and we sang Church hymns outside just to see if we could get a few inquiries! Ha! That night we all had dinner with the Stake President and that was really great. We have a great zone. 

Saturday we all fasted for our investigators and that night we got a letter at our door from a lady who wants the lessons.  Can you believe it? It was really awesome. The power of fasting is amazing! Sunday we went to church and I hung with this little kid named Tuhay who just likes me for some reason...he is awesome. The Tahitians are great!

Mom, I'm so sorry that this letter is short and no pics. The WIFI keeps going bad at the church and I'm running out of time, so next week will be a really good letter! I love you.

Elder Connor Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment